Followers

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Day 5 of the week off and just some general ramblings

Hi All,

Today I come at you with general ramblings about everything...so much so, I thought it may be best to put categories? That way you can scroll past the ones you don't generally want to read or are really not interested in...that is if you are interested in anything that I have got to say!

Home Buying Updates/Ramblings
So today because everything is rolling in the right direction I thought it may be an idea to find quotes on building/contents insurance, gas/electric and water bills. I have to say they are working out to be around what we expected which is always a bonus but if it wasn't for sites like Money Saving Expert and Go Compare I wouldn't know where to even begin! Money Saving Expert breaks things down and I have worked out that by being on a water meter I would be saving £10 per month on our initial out look on bills. Also thanks you Go Compare I could be saving around £8 per month on our initial out look on bills there too! All the way through the process of buying our first home Money Saving Expert has been amazing and has been my go to guide! I highly recommend it to anyone that needs a break down or easy access to money based and bill based things. It helps right down to WiFi and all sorts!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

http://www.gocompare.co.uk



Make-up and Boredom Setting In
Its my fifth day of being off work and I'm actually missing it. I have a pretty decent work ethic and yes I was looking forward to being off but I'm so bored! I cant go out and spend money cause its all being saved for the house, Its cold so I cant sunbathe...its just boring! I got everything I needed to get done in the first three days of being off and now there's nothing else to do!
     Since the age of 13 I've always worked, be that along side school as a paper girl, or along side university being a bar maid and sales assistant; I've always been doing something. When I was going into my final year at university I was out of work for a month and it absolutely killed me! I started to get into a routine of watching Jeremy Kyle and spotting micro features in liars faces. IT HAD TO CHANGE!
    So with boredom setting in at the moment I have decided to play with my make-up a lot more. I don't generally wear it to work. 1. because I cant be bothered taking the time to put it on in the morning, but 2. because I get warm and sweaty at work and its half way down my face by the end of the shift. I've been thinking about growing my hair again and want it really really long, however it takes so much time to straighten or just to do anything with that I've been looking at wigs on e-Bay. All sorts came up, brown, black, pink, blue, red, long, short, curly, straight, layered...you name it, it was there. So I became inspired.
     I just wanted to try and see if I could, so I pulled out my makeup and tried to create anime eyes...it was a good effort but not something I'll be doing on a regular basis :)

Political
Things at the moment are driving me bananas. Not only do I have to deal with the fact that general elections seem to always be around my birthday I have to constantly see these stupid people pledging unrealistic promises to the country and seeing the country falling for it all again.
   The three major parties need to sit down and listen to themselves rather than trying to be part of the slanging matches they have in the house of commons. Maybe then they could listen to what is wrong in the country and sort that out first before thinking about their own greed!
    The minimum wage tax paying workers are the vast majority of people in the UK and they are what keep this country a-float. As you go higher in the chain of command more greed takes place, more people don't care and more false promises are made. I have to admit I'm not a massively political person however I do keep up do date with the 6PM news updates and party pledges around this time.
    This part of this post may cause the most conflicting views and what not but these are my opinions and I speak on behalf of general public that are educated enough to make decisions but maybe uneducated enough to play ip-dip-doo on the ballot card.
    Labour - Ed Milliband needs to stop making stupid promises of being free of the deficit by 2017. He hasn't actually said how this will happen yet, but guaranteed that taxes will go up even further and it is the hard working citizens of the UK that have to pick up the hardships and backlash of this?! I am a minimum wage earner, I work 50+ hours a week and can just about get by with the wage I am on at the moment. I get taxed around £50/£60 and pay £40/£50 into emergency tax. It may not be much compared to others but that £50 is a water bill? and yet this could go up?! The economy is in so much trouble due to the foolishness of the last labour government, people seem to forget this!
   Liberal Democrats - Nick Clegg needs to just step down as that parties leader if I am being honest. He made a monumental mistake by promising students that he was going to reduce student fees and then backing out on the promise when he realised it wasn't as easy as first thought. Even in the coalition government at the moment he still just seems to be a lap dog for David Cameron. He isn't strong enough of a person and doesn't project himself as a confident enough person to run the entire country. Again they seem to be taking a back seat and pointing out bad points to the other major party pledges, however he isn't making a good enough argument towards his own.
   Conservatives - David Cameron needs to be reminded that he is slowly bringing the country out of a recession and deficit, and a lot of people do not realise that cuts to emergency services and spending has been helping us to get out of this - even though it has been hard. He also needs to realise that the richer people of the economy, even though a lot of them have got there through hard work, they do not run the country. WE MINIMUM WAGE TAXPAYERS HAVE HELPED THEM TO THEIR SUCCESS! However he needs to realise that the system of benefits is terrible. People complain that there's no jobs out there at the moment. THIS IS BOLLOCKS! I was offered three in the space of two weeks, all of which I had to politely decline due to buying my first home. These people are lazy and have got into a routine of being at home, its easy to do. Reducing benefits to disabled people is not the way to fix this, however there needs to be a better system to catching these people. Working in a bar I was surrounded with benefit frauds all the time, but these people need to be found and have evidence gathered against them.....its just a thought!
    Election time of the year really reminds me Jeremy Kyle, but with posh people and political parties....actually that would make for an interesting episode: "A rival gang is a loan shark" or "I promised a brighter future but ran away at first glance" or "I have more money than you and want more of yours"
    Hmm maybe we should put this idea to the man himself...it may help people vote in may? Maybe not.

Religion and world affairs
Today in the news there is yet more horrible news about racism, war and general hate. Why cant people believe in who/what they want? Apparently the Jewish community is being targeted at the moment by haters? I don't understand why? How can one religion be targeted by so much hate? Each person is an individual and shouldn't be put under the branched stereotype. Same goes for the Muslim community, Israelis and Palestinians. Not every Muslim worshipper is a radical or walking about thinking about jihadist actions. Not every Judaism worshipper is going to take as much money as they can from you and keep it for themselves. Its silly. EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT! I challenge the people who read this or even find out about this to approach people in the street as equals. Some may think ill of you but maybe that is because they also have been tainted with the stereotype brush and see you as what you see in them? A stereotype of something bad that sticks! What if we began a stereotype that all people you meet bring something good to your life? How about we create a notion that the more cultures you are educated about and have in your life (not to worship but maybe as friends) creates a bench mark for a fantastically successful life?
   If the whole world could accept that there are different religions and that people are different then the world would be a happier place.
   My dad showed me an article about how the I.S. steal women and children away from families and sell them on markets, and how there is a leaflet out lining that even if children haven't reached puberty as long as the child isn't harmed intercourse is allowed. THIS IS DISGUSTING?! How can this be getting preached?! I don't understand how someone has thought of this and thought that is acceptable?! The world of religion is a very complex place and what one person believes is right and what another person knows to be wrong is two different things, as a world in want of peace we have to stand back and when the time comes we need to be there for the people affected. There are always going to be good and bad people in the world and unfortunately GREED takes over in everyone. Can you imagine a world without greed? Where everyone is courteous and kind? Where people can believe in what they wish? Only when people stop thinking about themselves and power will the world be in the right track towards peace.

I understand I ramble and a lot of it is uneducated, however sometimes uneducated people can speak sense? Well I hope so! I fall under the greed category. I wish with all my heart to just win the lotto or something along those lines just so I can have enough money to live comfortably, still go to work and not worry about bills to pay and everything else. We live in a world controlled by money and power and unfortunately that will never change.

LeA x

No comments:

Post a Comment